Sometimes all we have to hang on to are the simple things — the little moments in daily life that can bring simple pleasure. Enjoy them. Relish them. Here are 10 of mine.
1. The smell of freshly ground coffee early on a weekend morning.
2. The sound of rain softly hitting the roof.
3. Riding in the car with the sunroof open and my favorite music blaring from the stereo.
4. The feel and smell of freshly laundered towels just out of the dryer.
5. Holding hands with my husband.
6. The intoxicating scent of lavender.
7. The sound of wind gently rustling trees and grass.
8. Watching rabbits play in the backyard.
9. Cooking a hot breakfast (or any meal!) while listening to cool jazz. (Dave Brubeck's Take Five is like heaven for your ears.)
10. Getting lost in a good book.
What simple pleasures bring a smile to your face? Please share them in the Comments. Let's get a list of hundreds of simple pleasures to share!